Sunday, February 01, 2015

Superbowl stitching...

I know there is a football game going on tonight but the really big news at my house...

the homeowners association approved my request to put and extension on my sewing studio!!!  (and before anyone asks...yes I did make the committee cookies at Christmas though really I didn't know at that point we would be making this request!)

The room is currently 11 by 14 foot.  The addition will make it 24 feet by 11 with another 10 by 5 foot storage area making it L shaped.




So in addition to getting ready for the big game I have been slowly moving a few armloads at a time into the guest bedroom.  Naturally Dobby thought this was his opportunity to take over the guestroom bed....

I've unearthed some more UFO's...like the blocks above!

Poor Watson is worn out from following me from room to room (and periodically checking on the treats baking in the oven!)  He has a tough life!

As far as the game goes..."Go Patriots!"  And maybe I'll just get some quilting  done on my Charleston Baskets...my quilting is the red thread...the light brown stitches are the basting.

9 comments:

AnnieO said...

Congratulations! That's way bigger than the Super Bowl! Hope things progress quickly and your animals get used to it :)

Vic in NH said...

Oh hooray! I know that the upheaval will be worth it. I loved your post all about the beautiful collection of Ocean Waves quilts, too, thank you for posting that one. Once someone told me that contractors work best in units that are divisible by 4' because boards come 4x8 feet etc. Ask about that before you decide the final measurements.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Congratulations on getting approval from your HOA--those can be tough. I'm sure the cookies helped

Gypsy Quilter said...

Woo hooo, yippeee. Ooops, time to pack up the fabric!

Sherrill said...

WOO!! That'll be NICE and BIG!! And yes, poor Watson and all the little critters at your house do have it rough! Poor babies. DANG! I was rooting SO HARD for the Seahawks and they almost did it! :-(

Janet O. said...

Wonderful news!
Holiday cookies do make an impression! : )
Do you think your 4-footed shadows will finally tire of the back-and-forth game and give up?

The Civil War Quilter said...

Hooray! I'm sew happy for you. You will love all that space to create in. Please keep us all updated on the project.

Judy in Michigan said...

Such a pretty home - can't wait to see the new room!!

cityquilter grace said...

wow good news indeed! and a terrific space to come...you are blessed!